There are literally hundreds of reasons to visit the Walt Disney World Resort in Central Florida, from the gorgeous year-round weather and the location to all of the endless fun you will have on vacation, no matter if you spend a weekend, an entire week or longer experiencing everything Disney has to offer. But with all of the limitless options you have, we at DWTickets.com have narrowed down the list to the top 10 reasons for why you and your family should visit the Walt Disney World Resort this year!
10. The Year of a Million Dreams – This special year-long celebration celebrates your dreams coming true and the Disney Cast Members that make magic for their Disney guests every day. Along with the new attractions and shows that have been brought in throughout the parks, including The Seas with Nemo and Friends at Epcot, the High School Musical Pep Rally at Disney’s Hollywood Studios and the Magic Kingdom Park’s Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor, over a million dreams will also be granted through various giveaways, from an overnight stay in Cinderella Castle to a dream FASTPASS badge or even a trip for one lucky family to visit each and every Disney theme park around the globe. Guests are picked at random, and you never know when you or someone in your family may get the surprise of a lifetime on your next visit to Walt Disney World!
9. Recreation – While the four theme parks and two water parks may be the main attractions at Disney, there also countless recreation activities that can give you a much-needed break from the parks for a few hours or an entire day. Among those activities are golf at one of the five Disney championship golf courses or two miniature golf courses, the Richard Petty Driving Experience, the various watercraft rentals on the many waterways throughout the property, fishing excursions and many sporting activities such as bike rentals, jogging trails, tennis and volleyball.
8. Special Events – There are many special events that happen throughout Disney all year long. At the Magic Kingdom Park, there are special after-hours parties that bring even more magic to Disney guests, from Disney’s Pirate and Princess Party, Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party and Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party. At Epcot, guests get a different kind of celebration with their two major events, Epcot’s International Flower and Garden Festival in the Spring of Epcot’s Food and Wine Festival in the fall. Disney’s Hollywood Studios also gets into the act with Star Wars Weekends in the summer, ABC Super Soap Weekend and ESPN The Weekend.
7. Disney Spas – Who says Disney is only for kids? For a full-service spa experience, guests can head to one of eight Disney resorts that are equipped with full-service spas, including Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa, Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort, Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge, Disney's BoardWalk Inn, Disney's Contemporary Resort, Disney's Coronado Springs Resort, Disney's Wilderness Lodge Resort and Disney's Yacht Club Resort. These world-class spas specialize in rejuvenating treatments for the face, body and mind, including an array of message therapies, facials, aromatherapies, signature services and fitness facilities that will either work you into shape or keep you in peak physical condition while you are vacationing.
6. Disney Resorts – If you are traveling to Walt Disney World, you have many hundreds of options on where to stay in Central Florida. But, if you choose to stay on property at Disney you will receive many benefits that are reserved for resorts guests only, including free transportation to and from the Orlando International Airport and to all of the parks and Downtown Disney, Extra Magic Hours at the parks, free package delivery and the ability to charge purchases in the parks back to your hotel room charge. But that is not the only reason to stay on property – the resorts themselves are beautiful with tons of amenities, including hours of fun for kids in each resort’s pools, and there is a resort with a theme for everyone and a price for every budget!
5. Dining – Theme park dining may not have a good reputation, but there are many restaurants at the Walt Disney World Resort that are critically acclaimed, like the California Grill at Disney’s Contemporary Resort or Victoria & Albert’s at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa, and many more that offer good food and good wholesome family fun, such as the Hoop-Dee-Doo Revue at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground. But there are also good options inside the parks, both full and casual service, and many character dining opportunities inside the parks and at the Disney resorts as well to give your family a plethora of dining options for your vacation. And with the Disney Dining Plan, which includes one casual service meal, one snack and one full service meal for everyone in your party at one low price, your family can also eat where you play and not break the bank!
4. Disney Water Parks – Disney has two world-class water parks that are open year-round (each take a few months off for rehab in the winter months, but one is open at all times), and each have a distinct theme and attractions that will appease everyone in the family. Disney’s Blizzard Beach Water Park has exciting slides, including the world’s largest body slide in Summit Plummet, among piles of “snow” and even a real, working ski lift. Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon, however, has one of the largest wave pools in the nation to go along with their attractions, which are all in the tropical setting of an island that has been hit by a wild typhoon. Both of these parks are rated as two of the top water parks in the world, and with their array of unique attractions and activities (including the chance to snorkel with sharks at Typhoon Lagoon), we can see why!
3. New Attractions and Shows – In the past few years, Disney has made a conscious effort to keep guests coming back, adding new attractions and shows that are more relevant to the new movies that have been produced in recent years. Off of the success of “Finding Nemo,” Disney has dedicated an entire pavilion at Epcot and a musical at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park to the hit movie, while the High School Musical Pep Rally based off the hit Disney Channel movies is now entertaining guests at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. Soarin’ was also brought to Epcot from Disney’s California Adventure Park and has quickly become one of the park’s most popular attractions, as has the Lights, Motors, Action! Extreme Stunt Show at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. If you haven’t visited Disney World in awhile, you will be surprised at everything that has changed in and around the parks in the recent years, giving you yet another reason to come back for more!
2. Theme Parks – The theme parks may be the top reason why guests fall in love with the Walt Disney World Resort. From the young at heart nature of the Magic Kingdom, the lure of tomorrow at Epcot, the bright lights of Hollywood at Disney’s Hollywood Studios to celebrating Walt Disney’s love of animals at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park, there truly is something for everyone at these four very unique and distinguishable theme parks. From the young to the old, the magic of Disney captures the heart of all, making dreams come true each and every step of the way.
1. Discounted tickets! – You could make a case that every one of the reasons above is the No. 1 reason to visit the Walt Disney World Resort, but we at DWTickets.com believe the top reason you should make a trip to Central Florida is all of the money you can save by purchasing discounted theme park tickets! That’s right – here at DWTickets.com, you and your family can purchase discounted tickets to Walt Disney World, along with all of the other top attractions in Central Florida, and even have them delivered right to your home before you leave for vacation! With all of the money you will save with us, along with all of the reasons listed above, why wouldn’t you want to take a vacation to Disney? Click here to get started now!