The closing weeks of the Epcot Flower & Garden Festival are great times to visit Epcot because the gardens are in full bloom and the weather is warming up but its still not too hot. Here’s what your Epcot ticket will get you during the last two weekends of the Epcot Flower & Garden Festival:
May 23-25 – Celebrate “Outdoor Living” at Epcot
- The theme of the Epcot International Flower & Garden Fest for 2008 is ‘Fun in the Sun,’ and the “Outdoor Living” weekend means relay races, beanbag tosses and showing the kids what it means to play outside.
- Gary Puckett (May 23, 24) and The Cowsills (May 25) are the featured Flower Power Concert bands performing at Epcot’s America Gardens Theatre. This year marks the first time The Cowsills have joined Epcot’s Flower Power series.
- The Great American Gardener series features TV gardening personality Melinda Myers sharing tips for creating a super small garden in a tiny space or a warm, friendly garden in a larger area.
All of the Flower Power concerts and the Great American Gardener presentations are included with your Epcot ticket.
May 31-June 1 – Festival Farewell
- Surprise crafting activities will be sprouting up all around the Epcot Flower & Garden Festival during its final weekend.
- Author Jon Carloftis will be chatting with Epcot guests about mixing nature with everyday life at Garden Town as part of the Great American Gardener series. Carloftis has written two popular gardening books: First a Garden and Beyond the Windowsill.
- Tony Orlando will be “tying a yellow ribbon” around the Epcot Flower Power Concerts with nightly shows at the America Gardens Theatre.