Summer is here. It’s time for an Orlando vacation, and one of the coolest places to hang out on your Orlando vacation is the Universal Orlando Resort. With two theme parks – Universal Studios Florida and Islands of Adventure – amazing on-site hotels and a Wet ‘n Wild water park, the Universal Orlando Resort is packed with splashing summer fun!
Get Wet ‘n Wild at Universal Orlando
The Universal Orlando Resort has its very own water park, and there are soaking great times for everyone at Wet ‘n Wild. A summer Orlando vacation can get hot, and Wet ‘n Wild is the best place for a refreshing cool down. With slippery slides, wild water rides, a Lazy River and a splashing kids’ park, the whole family will be chillin’ the day away.
A separate Wet ‘n Wild ticket is required for admission. This water park is not covered by your Universal ticket.
Splash Down at Universal’s Islands of Adventure
Universal’s Islands of Adventure is jam-packed with thrill rides and kiddie fun, and when the afternoon starts heating up you want to head to the wettest rides in the park:
- The Jurassic Park River Adventure takes brave explorers through the age of the dinosaurs all the way to an 85-foot plummet that will leave you soaked but not so hot anymore. Riders must be at least 42 inches tall.
- Dudley Do-Right’s Ripsaw Falls is another great place for a refreshing plunge, with its 75-foot drop that actually takes you below the water level. This one has a height minimum of 44 inches.
All Islands of Adventure rides and attractions require a Universal ticket.
New Summer Stars at Universal Studios Florida
One of the biggest treats on every Orlando vacation this summer is the chance to hang out with the Simpson’s at Universal Studios Florida. America’s favorite funny family just arrived at their awesome new attraction – The Simpsons Ride, and now is the time to check it out. Ok, so it’s not a water ride, but it’s definitely cool.
A Universal ticket is required for admission to Universal Studios.
Universal Orlando Resort’s on-site Loews Hotels
There are three hotels right on-site at the Universal Orlando Resort, and all of them offer some splashing summertime fun. Book a room and you can spend those hot afternoons relaxing poolside at one of these special Universal Orlando Resort pools:
- The Beach Pool at Loews Portofino Bay Hotel
- The Sandy Beach Pool at the Hard Rock Hotel
- The Lagoon Pool at the Loews Royal Pacific Resort