Chocoholics rejoice -- it's time for the 2011 Festival of Chocolate at the Orlando Science Center. It's happening this weekend, March 5 and 6, 2011.
This delicious event attracts thousands of participants every year and with good reason -- it's all about chocolate, How can you go wrong? Watch the below video from the 2010 Festival to see what some of the fuss is all about.
This year's event brings even more sugary delights. Here's the list of highlights, according to the official website:
- Tastings and sales of gourmet chocolates, cakes, cookies, brownies and more
- A "Kids-4-Creative" interactive area featuring chocolate art
- Demonstrations by award-winning pastry chefs
- A Chocolate Museum featuring displays about chocolate production, history, trends, health and more
- A "Best Of" chocolate competition with six different "Best of the Best" categories
- A special raffle drawing for a Chocolate Decedence prize package, featuring glorious treats from local chocolatiers and businesses (raffle ticket included with event )
- Special events geared for adults and kids
Admission to the event is free with your paid Orlando Science Center admission, though some special classes and demos may cost extra (such as wine pairings and some tastings). There will also be loads of chocolate treats for both sampling and purchasing.
You can buy "chocolate chip" coins to use at vendor booths (one chip = $1) or to buy special Festival of Chocolate souveniers like t-shirts and tote bags.
Advance ticket purchase is highly recommended for this popular event. This weekend-long indulgence only happens once a year, so treat yourself or treat the family to the sweet stuff.